Sunday, September 13, 2009

Remembering 9/11







I know 9/11/2009 has passed, but these last few days, I've been thinking about that horrific event off and on. I just can't believe how so many people have forgotten that day...Ugh, I mean why are we in the sandbox, why are we over there pursuing a relentless enemy? All for nothing? These people will not die in vein! Now, I am not one for war. It is a cruel and hard thing for any country to endure. However what kind of message do we send if we just sit back and let them keep attacking, not only our country but others as well? How can we live in peace with our daily lives and have the opportunities we have, if we do not defend our country?

I'm proud to be an American, as I've said before. There is no other country I'd rather live in, but for the first time in my life on 9/11/01, I was scared in my own country. Not knowing where else they would try to attack, and if we'd be able to defend ourselves. For the first time in my life, I felt helpless and afraid. I've been very privileged to be born an American citizen.

Looking back on that day, I just pray that this will come to end someday. It's not going to be an easy road, and it make take years to crack down those terrorists. But what is the price of freedom? It is very high my friends, and that is why those towers went down...and why they attacked the Pentagon and attempted to attack the White House. They want to see that freedom, that is so costly, taken away from us, because they have none. Unfortunately, and sadly they are blinded by a hate. A hate, that I still cannot comprehend to this day...nor do I think I ever will...

Above are some photos I took while at Ground Zero, this past Labor Day weekend.

No comments: